I've neglected blogging over the past few weeks. Mainly because after the Gobbler race on Thanksgiving, my left leg (IT band?) was bothering me and I had to take a break from running. I did stay active and even went to the Y to work out on the elliptical machine a couple of times. I'm not a big fan of the elliptical. I also started a spinning class which I really like. Although I wasn't able to run in the Reindeer Romp race, I have been able to start running again the past two weeks. I'm a bit slower but at least I've been out there running! I even did a "Running of the Lights" run (twice actually). The GRC and some of my running buddies met in the evening in a neighborhood that has lots of tree ball lights. It was pretty cool. I also did my first 4 mile run on Christmas Eve.
I thought I would start my "2012 Goals" list off with 12 goals. Instead of big general type goals, I focused on specific measurable goals. So here goes...
- Keep a record of all my runs using Runkeeper or Garmin website. At the end of 2012 I want to be able to know the total number of miles I ran.
- Start 10k training program January 2.
- Run my first 8k race in March (Beer Run!).
- Post to my blog (ARG) weekly.
- Run 500 miles in 2012.
- Finish a 5k race in 27 minutes (9 minute pace).
- Do additional core exercises twice a week.
- Increase weights in body pump class.
- Make Lifetime member for WW.
- Take daily multi-vitamin.
- Eat more vegetables.
- Read a book once a month.
At the beginning of December I bought a Garmin watch that me and my husband love. It's a Forerunner 205 which is an older model but we got it used for 50 bucks! It was in perfect condition. My husband has been using Runkeeper and I started using it after we got the Garmin. But he also checked out the Garmin website and said I may want to use that website instead. I need to check it out and figure out which site I will use to log my runs (goal #1). Other blogs I follow, which are so much better than mine, post their running stats on their sidebar. I may see if I can figure that out too. Maybe in addition to posting weekly (goal #4) I can make some improvements to my blog. It's pretty plain but that is because I don't know how to do all the fancy cool stuff on here. Oh well, one step at a time!